West Country Brue Valley Vintage Cheddar, Spiced Aubergine and Chutney Sandwich
Preparation time: 5 – 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
50g softened butter
250g West Country Blue Valley Vintage Cheddar, sliced
2 medium aubergines, sliced
4 tbsps olive oil
Pinch of chilli flakes
Pinch cumin seeds
1 tsp smoked paprika
Juice of 1 lemon
1 red onion, sliced into rings
Small bag of rocket
8 slices of thick cut granary bread
4 tbsps mango chutney
Heat a griddle pan or heavy frying pan.
- Lay the aubergines on a baking tray and sprinkle with the cumin, chilli, paprika, salt and pepper, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Transfer the aubergine into the griddle pan and grill on both sides for 2 – 3 minutes, until golden brown.
- Transfer back into the baking tray and leave to cool.
- Butter the bread and spread 4 slices with the mango chutney.
- Layer the cheese, onion, aubergine and rocket onto the slice with the mango chutney and place a buttered slice on top.
- Cut in half and serve.